Saturday, August 6, 2011

What I Need to Remember

If the economy truly double dips, the markets will be in a period of pain for a long and protracted period. Extreme opportunities will be available for weeks, months and potentially years.

Conclusion

Don't rush my analysis. Look at one company at a time. Stay focused. Don't let the emotions of others or the environment rush my decisions.

Strategy

My strategy is to find great companies at 10-15% free cash flow yields. If it goes to 15-25% yields, then make it 10% of the portfolio.

In the mean time, I'll keep 1-bazooka shot (~15% of the portfolio) available to buy a basket of goods when the market ultimately capitulates. 

In the mean time I sit waiting with 70-80% cash (slightly higher as I've started liquidating the Japan basket). 

No comments:

Post a Comment